Sunday, January 9, 2022

MOTB or MOB or just plain Mooree

 Hey team,

Hi I’m back….it’s only been a couple of years since my last post.  Blame the pandemic.  Was so busy evading viruses, I forgot to write.

Just checked and decided I might tryyyy and use this site to keep in touch over the next few weeks (7-8) while away in Queenstown, then Auckland, back to Christchurch early March.  I know, wild eh.  

Firstly, MOTB!! Insane. You’ll all know that acronym! I prefer MOB Mother of Bride. Seems more succinct.  This day has been so far off and now it is here.  Not even a pandemic could stop the momentum of it. 

I’m like a good Girl Scout, prepared.  Emotionally and physically.  I have the speech written, 3.34 minutes long, the sensible shoes ready to co-march our eldest daughter down the aisle of no return (Lol) and the dress picked out over six months ago.  A little bit of last minute fad fasting and footwork will ensure I still can squeeze into it.  My hair style is at peak length; enough to style with ease as opposed to the buzz cut of a freshly shorn sheep and I’m leaving my face to a professional to sort out on the day.  

That’s about it really.  Due to my incredible child raising skills and her higher school education, I have found myself  redundant and jobless in the event coordination arena.  I have received my ‘run sheet’ via email, so will know exactly (to the minute) what is happening and when I should be there.  Can’t wait.  It will be the greatest party we’ve had to date!

A new iPad Pro 11 inch with matching keyboard has reignited my typing fingers. I couldn’t/wouldn’t part with the extra $$$ for the 12.5inch.  Am going with portability and am pretty happy thus far with the lack of inches. (She never uttered).

Let me know if these mad utterings reach you..




No comments:

Post a Comment