Thursday, August 6, 2009

New Beginnings

OMG! How flash am I? In my soon to be new status of '"retired until further notice" I thought it appropriate to begin new things......blogging could be and will be the first. On my fancy new laptop purchased specifically for my new life I can wile away the hours commenting on my metamorphasis.

The world is my oyster...

One more day of work....Must inspire last set of trainees of MPM to outstanding new heights before I sign out for the last time.

Back the bus up.....

3/8/09
Last week of work this week before I am a free woman.....had a uge night on Saturday with our annual conference being held in Christchurch. I attended the gala dinner on the Saturday night with my dear/long suffering husband....yes i did get a wee bit blotto....and he did have to look after me again. To my credit I did manage to totter out on my five inch heels...to reception anyway whereupon I continued in stockinged feet....fifty dollar stockings with cutsie bows up the back black line that had had a good three outings so the average was close to seventeen dollars per wear..not bad considering...not to be repeated under new unemployed status. Mental note to self to take better care in future. Anyhoo, big Mike P himself of Mike P Mortgages fame did give me a good send off in the form of a heartwarming speech coupled with a giant powerpoint presentation highlighting my poor grooming choices over the past ten to seventeen years in larger than life size splendour behind him on the wall. I then had to totter up in aforementioned shoes in front of a crowd of one hundred plus and burble out a witty retort...blinded by the lights, I garbled incessantly, chronilogically challenged, whatever came into my mind. I then snatched the proffered envelope, clutched it to my less than ample bosom and returned to my seat to the roar of the appreciative crowd. Pleasantries over I made it my mission to consume the last of the free alcohol I would be able to drink on the company. The freedom, lack of consequences and copious consumption led me to forget my manners and after spying a particular broker that had been less than hospitable to me in the past and more than a little full of his own importance...I took it upon myself to regale him with his long list of shortcomings. Thankfully my bodyguard was with me to catch any stray punches that could have landed upon my belligerent jawline...

1 comment: