Monday, March 21, 2011

Nostalgia....A Star is Born (1976)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7AIBlzCluc&feature=related

I was eleven years old when this movie came out....obviously mature for my age, I remember it fondly, or was it just the movie's song ''Evergreen'' that captured and held my attention all these years?

A quiet Saturday night gave me an excellent excuse to re watch this little pearler and my husband dutifully endured the full 139 minutes. Barbara Streisand and Kris Kristofferson filled up the space with their on screen passion that I am positive continued after the cameras stopped rolling. Their chemistry was palpable.

Most of the song clips were reminiscent of the seventies and a little 'gay' but she shines like the uber star she is singing the movie's soundtrack, "Evergreen". I was completely lost in this song almost driven to tears with its intensity, then looked over at the aforementioned dutiful husband and was told "It did nothing for him". Mental note to self; watch alone or with girlfriends next time because there will be a next time.

Even after that five word monosyllabic reply and almost twenty two years of marriage, I am still hopelessly romantic and hung off every lingering stare and the plethora of true and tried romance scenes including, horse riding together, bathing together, singing together and of course inter locking together.

Back to the song.....make sure you do watch it on the link above....you won't be sorry. This is the most excited I have been in 35 years about a song. Actually I have been on repeated occasions but this is the most recent in the last 2 years then.

Love, soft as an easy chair....(that just says it all!)

1 comment: