Monday, January 25, 2010

Vices

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues." Abraham Lincoln 1805-1865

Almost three weeks on Thursday since I last had a drop of alcohol or a crunch of a Kettle fry.

I have almost reneged as recently as yesterday when my inner sabotuer urged me on to have just a wee small teeny tiny bag of kettle fries because I deserved it and this whole self deprivation thing was stupid and pointless....

The Virgo that is me, pushed on through the curtain of temptation resisting the irrestible urge of the hallowed potato snack to reach my goal of February 20.

I also joined into polite conversation at a recent "drinks night" as opposed to a unmemorable flirty slurred encounter and enjoyed myself immensely sipping on my sugared grape fizzy and snacking on my wholemeal snacks and hummus.

With all this detoxing I fear I may start letting my hair grow under my armpits and begin sporting comfortable handmade leather sandals....

Somebody stop me!

No comments:

Post a Comment